Storytelling is a powerful way to connect ideas and people. It can help us see and understand varying perspectives; it can enable us to open our minds and think about things in new and different ways; and it allows us to connect with a concept or topic on a more personal level.
As a grassroots storytelling organization focused on creating, curating and celebrating diverse storytelling and intercultural dialogue, our volunteers here at ICA play a critical role in lending support to our work. While our national headquarter is in Toronto, ON., we are always on a lookout for a team of dedicated volunteers to help us add unique perspectives from the wonderfully diverse Canadian landscape.
Volunteers are the heart of any non-profit initiative. From our board members to those who serve as jury members on our contest, every volunteer is a wonderful asset to our organization. Volunteer opportunities range from joining our project advisory boards, to creating digital stories once a month, to helping us with fundraising or serving on our committees.
How do we do this, you wonder eh?
We accomplish all this by:
- Inviting community organizations to partner with us to maximize the outreach of our events.
- Facilitating intercultural and interfaith events for our community partners across Canada.
- Working with individual artists and collectives seeking mentorship and collaboration for their projects.
- Providing creative space and connections for local emerging artists to practice their craft.
- Developing partnerships with corporate organizations mandated to work on diversity and inclusion.
- Appointing ‘Gurus’ who create their own flexible schedules and lend support to our projects
- Recruit students between 15 and 30 years of age under the ‘Canada Summer Jobs’ program by the ESDC
Any of the above apply to you? Remember, whether you can or can’t you’re right.
If you are interested in volunteering in any way for the Institute of Canadian Archives, we’d love to hear from you. If the positions listed below do not fit your needs right now, please do not hesitate to write to us via email with your ideas. If you have a story you would like to create, curate and celebrate, then feel free to reach out and share your thoughts. Submit your idea today and join the ICA Volunteer Action Network!
Please contact Mary Burke our social media manager & share your ideas. We’d love to collaborate with you. We promise to get back within 72 hours.